The Senior Procurement Analyst, under the guidance of the Procurement Specialist II, is responsible for providing support with all purchases for goods and applicable services for the SAFEMed Activity in Ukraine, in compliance with MSH procurement policies and procedures. S/he sources vendors, negotiates contracts, ensures prompt delivery, and liaises with the accounting office to ensure that vendors are paid in a timely manner. The Senior Procurement Analyst is cognizant of, and adheres to, MSH’s Code of Business Ethics and Procurement Integrity Standards.
Procurement of Goods and Commercial Services in compliance with MSH procurement policy, purchasing procedures, and donor regulations (100%)
- Collaborate directly with internal clients (technical teams and management) to ensure procurement needs, schedules and results required are understood and met in a timely manner.
- In coordination with the Procurement Specialist I, coordinate with internal clients on any changes to procurement requests in terms of specifications, timing or quality of items requested.
- Source, select and negotiate for the best purchase packages available in terms of quality, price, terms, delivery, and service.
- Conduct Clearance Verifications for all vendors and maintain the record of all verifications in the procurement files.
- Prepare and process purchase orders and documents in accordance with MSH policies and procedures.
- Support project staff in the development and review of specifications for required purchases.
- Manage pre-qualification and selection process for bulk purchases.
- Coordinate with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Receive quotations and invoices from vendors and maintain them in the procurement files.
- In coordination with the Senior Finance & Operations Manager and team, manage the delivery of all procured goods to regional office and warehouses.
- Maintain updated purchasing data and records and pricing in the system, including an effective filing system for all procurement documentation.
- Evaluate performance of all vendors to ensure utilization of only high quality and/or compliant vendors.
- Prepare regular procurement status reports as required by supervisor.
- Update SAFEMed/MSH Procurement Tracker. Any other duties as assigned.
3-5 years’ experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working on a USG or donor funded project or with an NGO and strong knowledge of aspects of US Government federal regulations, specifically USAID regulations is a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to details and quality
- Fluency in Ukrainian and strong ability to communicate in English including reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Skilled in Outlook (Office 365), SharePoint, Teams, Calendar, Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Power Point
- Strong numeric skills and attention to details and quality
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Understanding of key aspects of procurement, accounting, creating, and analyzing journal entries with ability to use basic accounting software i.e., QuickBooks Online Procurement module will be an added advantage
- Good organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Functional expert – has knowledge of processes and products
- Influencer – relates to people, builds relationships, and effectively presents arguments
- Results seeker – meets deadlines, identifies actions, and achieves goals
- Innovator – thinks creatively, anticipates changes, and produces solutions
- Adaptor – stays calm under pressure and handles criticism well
- Complier – follows procedures and encourages others to as well
How to apply