- Base salary ranges from $96,088 – $104,376 per annum, plus 17% super
- Flexible, inclusive work environment with generous remuneration and benefits
- Transform your career with Southern Cross University
Southern Cross University is a young, dynamic and rising institution of excellence committed to transforming tomorrow. Our game changing new education model brings a deeper learning experience, improving individual student outcomes and quality of life.
Working at Southern Cross University combines a rare combination of being surrounded by ambitious students, amazing and dedicated colleagues and an environment of stunning natural beauty. We are leaders in our communities in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast and pride ourselves on helping shape a better tomorrow.
About the opportunity
Southern Cross University’s Office of Business Intelligence and Quality is seeking a Reporting Performance Analyst. This role will support the Manager, Reporting and Analysis undertaking a range of performance monitoring and measurement tools to meet the requirements of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment (DESE).
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement the work unit’s Data Confirmation Plan and drive governance activities around reporting within the University;
- Lead data validation projects to ensure all data submitted to the Commonwealth is accurate and aligns with the source data (Student Management System – Student One);
- Liaise with various departments within the University to facilitate data error resolution ensuring deadlines are being met within legislative compliance with reporting timelines for complex errors; and
- Support the work unit with submissions of student and staff data, including creating reporting templates using advanced excel and VBA macros for ongoing file uploads and validating data prior to submission (i.e. QILT).
You will utilise your high-level analytical skills to interpret and present complex data into meaningful reports. In addition, your high-level interpersonal skills will allow you to translate complex data concepts to a range of internal stakeholders and make recommendations that support decision making.
More specifically, you will have:
- A relevant degree in data science, analytics or a related field and at least four years’ experience in a data analytics or data science role, or equivalent combination or training and experience;
- Strong experience in analysing large and complex datasets for the purpose of validation and identification of trends, and data quality issues; and
- Extensive knowledge of and skill using VBA macros, DAX, and SQL.
The University’s values are integrity and collegiality. Alignment with these values, along with the ability to actively contribute to the success of a team, are inherent requirements of the role.
Salary and benefits
Our staff benefit from flexible work arrangements, including hybrid work models, generous parental and carer’s leave provisions, wellbeing initiatives, employee assistance programs and professional learning opportunities.
This position is:
- Full-time, continuing (permanent)
- Located at Lismore or Gold Coast. Generous relocation support available.
- HEW Level 7. The base salary ranges from $96,088 – $104,376 per annum, plus 17% employer’s contribution to superannuation. The total remuneration package is up to $122,119 per annum.
Find out more about working at SCU by visiting Why Work at SCU.
Applicants must apply online and provide responses to the selection criteria in the position description by the closing date. Information to support you prepare your application is available on our website. If you experience difficulties applying online or need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with ongoing work rights in Australia. Employer visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Additional information is available in the position description or by contacting:
Name: Don Johnston, Manager, Reporting and Analysis
Phone: 02 6620 3176
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 5:00 PM AEST, 1 August 2021
Southern Cross University is committed to diversity and social inclusion and aim to ensure equality in the recruitment of our staff. Applications are supported and encouraged from those that bring diversity to the University.
Together, we are Transforming Tomorrow.