- Do you want to do work that really matters? Help us end avoidable blindness
- Fixed Term Contract, Role Based in Khulna – Bangladesh
- Closing Date: 12th August 2022
ABOUT THE FRED HOLLOWS FOUNDATION
The Fred Hollows Foundation is an international development organisation working to prevent blindness and restore sight. This year marks The Foundation’s 30th anniversary of carrying on the legacy of Professor Fred Hollows, who believed every person had the right to quality eye care, no matter where they live. The Foundation is known around the world as an organisation that works with purpose and determination. With a reputation for excellence, we are well known for making change happen.
The Foundation has grown to work in more than 25 countries throughout Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, and the Pacific, as well as Australia. The Foundation has restored sight to more than 2.5 million people worldwide. We have an ambitious five-year strategic plan that aims to take us even closer to realising our vision of a world in which no person is needlessly blind, or vision impaired and Indigenous Australians exercise their right to sight and good health.
To find out more about our work, please visit our website https://www.hollows.org
To be successful in this role, you will possess project management skills and ability to meet deadlines. Your experience working for development, government or community-based organisation will be looked at favourably. In addition, you will demonstrate your excellent interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills.
The Project Officer is accountable for working with implementing partners in Bangladesh for the design and operational delivery of FHF Bangladesh’s programs that align to The Foundation’s strategy.
The Project Officer will own the outcomes of:
- Program coordination to ensure implementing partners achieve program activity and outcomes in accordance with agreed project design documents, Annual Partnership Agreements, work plans and annual budgets.
- Timely submission of quality regular reports from partners, including data entry, and assisting partners with timely mobilization of goods and services to initiate and complete activities.
- Actively assist in the development of project proposals and project design documents.
- Coach and mentor implementing partners to comply with the Foundation’s program implementation and financial management and compliance procedures, ensure all requisitions are appropriate and align with planned and budgeted activities.
- Monitor and evaluate stages of project implementation to ensure partners are achieving the required outcomes; identify new approaches and strategies that would benefit the program, gather, and share lessons learned.
- Support partners to prepare and monitor annual financial budgets, review partners’ advance and settlement, ensure their timely financial returns and utilize project assets as per FHF policy.
- Work closely with the Program Manager and other relevant persons of the team in overseeing NGO Partners situated in other districts of Khulna Division and make frequent visits to the other districts.
- Attend monthly DC office meetings at all project districts under Khulna Division with monthly progress report and collect testimonials at the end of each year.
- Other tasks as requested by your manager.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Strong experience in project design, management, budget development and monitoring.
- Experience in the implementation of health projects and required outcomes.
- Proven ability to influence and work collaboratively with partners/stakeholders.
- Managing outcomes through partners and relationships with key stakeholders
How we recognise your contribution
Through our internal programs and employee benefits we aim to create an environment where you will feel supported and empowered. Whether your focus is on continuous learning, professional development or finding an environment which enables you to thrive while balancing family or personal commitments, we have a range of programs in place to support you.
To find out more about our benefits click here
How to apply
Applications should be made via our Website, and should include your resume and cover letter. Please address your cover letter to the Talent Acquisition Team and include a response to the “About You”, “Key Responsibilities” and “What You’ll Need to Succeed” sections of the advert.
Applications Close: 12th August 2022
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to ensuring our projects and activities are implemented in a safe and productive environment that prevents harm and avoids impacting the health and safety of all people, particularly children, vulnerable people, and disadvantaged groups. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
The Foundation is also committed to protecting the health of our beneficiaries, donors and partners and require incumbents of this role to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where medical conditions may make vaccination harmful to their health).
Please be advised:
- Fred Hollows Foundation will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active roles are advertised directly on our website here.
- Please note we will not be accepting CV’s via agencies for this role.