We’ve had a big year in 2022 so far winning a range of new clients and are now looking for a Mid – Senior UX / UI Web Designer to join our design team.
Who are we:
We’re emd:digital, an established digital design & development agency specialising in web design & development with a range of clients in FMCG, Property & Construction, Not-For-Profit, Hospitality, Finance & Consultancy, Allied Health, Start Ups, Technology & Agriculture. We love working with our clients to create immersive, thought provoking websites from ideation & conceptualisation to design & development all the way through to launch. Being a tight knit crew of 4, we have established a friendly, inviting, collaborative & creative working environment in a newly refurbished agency fit-out featuring a fully stocked beer fridge, putting green, break out lounge area & private balcony. Located minutes from Sandringham train station & with plenty of street parking available, there are stacks of options when it comes to the commute to and from the agency.
Who you are:
You are an experienced UI / UX Web Designer with min 3 – 4+ years digital agency experience looking for your next career opportunity. The role is aimed at the right candidate wanting to take on a leadership role to oversee the creative & technical output of the existing design team consisting of 2 junior designers.
You’re a designer at heart with strong technical prowess of the digital ecosystem highly regarded. A “can-do” problem solving attitude is a must. You will also have the ability to clearly and professionally liaise & communicate with clients on the status of projects and be able to complete projects in a time efficient manner whilst retaining a high calibre of design & development principles. You will use your previous experience to deliver high quality, creative work to lead & guide team members towards best practice methodologies in UX/UI web design.
- 3 to 4+ years of UI / UX Web Design experience
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects
- Experience using Figma, Adobe XD or Sketch
- Front end development experience in Webflow inc HTML, CSS & JS very highly regarded but not essential
- Exceptional design skills that push the boundaries of best practice web design
- An instinctive passion for design and a desire to stay current and up to date with design trends & tools
- Conceptualising creative ideas with the team & clients
- Creating visual designs for websites & building in Webflow
- Communicating feedback and project progress with the internal team
- Leading & guiding the design team to identify opportunities for improvement
- Liaising with clients on project briefs and design feedback
- Learning & discovering methods of achieving design & development objectives
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
We have created a family environment instilling traits of trust, respect, professionalism, fun & work / life balance to ensure the well being of all of our team. Here is what to expect working at emd:digital
- We support a flexible working environment whether from home or in the office
- A feedback-friendly culture, where we encourage the respectful sharing of feedback that helps us thrive
- A dog friendly office
- An environment that encourages your professional development & hands-on learning opportunities
If you are looking for your next opportunity to be a part of a boutique growing agency we’d love to hear from you.
To be considered for this role, please apply by emailing your resume, a cover letter outlining why you are the right candidate for the position, along with your portfolio of work.