Maplewood Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Founded in Chicago’s Logan Square in 2014, Maplewood Brewery & Distillery is Illinois’ first combination craft brewery & distillery. Maplewood is known for their perfected juicy IPAs, thick stouts, whiskey, and multiple award-winning beers and spirits.
Maplewood’s design team is dedicated to producing thoughtfully-crafted work designed to complement the unique artisanal recipes our production team creates so our customer’s experience is complete.
We take pride in every decision we make and have a lot of fun doing it. We do this not only by developing the look and feel for our beer and spirit brands, but also?everything from our signage, sales materials, and merchandise. We revel in the details. We’re seeking designers who are motivated and driven to deliver an outstanding customer experience in the collaborative world of Craft Beer and Spirits.
Maplewood Brewery & Distillery is looking for a Graphic Designer who is passionate about composition, color, typography, and layout. Experience in both print and electronic media a must. Candidates should possess a strong grasp of design elements/principles, creative visualization, and have a strong desire to learn and grow as a designer.
Qualified candidates must be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and translate them into images, layouts, and other design formats. Candidates must love the challenge of aligning each unique design need with our established brand identity. Candidates will work with closely with our Design Lead and across several departments to collaborate and turn ideas into beautiful, compelling designs that evolve our brand and gets our customers excited about our craft.
- Creation of design materials including, but not limited to: branding, labels, signage, iconography, photography, packaging, merchandise, marketing, and other sales items.
- Clearly articulate design decisions and share your process when appropriate.
- Connect disparate elements of a design created by another professional, such as icons, photographs and other components necessary for a design need.
- Work in a collaborative, relaxed environment, interacting with many different departments.
- Work within deadlines and be able to provide quick turnarounds.
- Work within an established design language.
- Receive ideas and art direction to formulate design concepts that are engaging and attractive.
- Solve challenging design problems and present multiple concepts for consideration.
- Prepare art files for print: digital and flexo formats.
- Prepare art files for physical production (e.g., packaging or display design, etc.).
- Work with print vendors to achieve successful deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent experience/training in the graphic arts.
- At least 1 year of experience designing for print, web and/or digital design (freelance work during school accepted as experience).
- Excellent interpersonal skills; self-directed, comfortable working both independently and collaboratively, and able to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Understanding of information hierarchy, proportion/composition, type/grid relationships.
- Strong typographic skills.
- Curiosity, resourcefulness, and a desire to solve challenging design problems.
- Ability to work within, and refine and grow existing design processes.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Mac OS.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS experience a plus.
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits: health / dental / vision
- 401k at 3% match
- Paid vacation
- Year-end performance bonus
This position is based in Chicago’s Logan Square neighborhood.
Apply for this Job