View the job description and apply for this role at: https://spaceystudios.com.au/careers/graphic-designer-role/
Spacey Studios is on the hunt for a Junior Designer specialising in Graphic Design and Website Design to join their growing design agency based in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
Established in early 2019, Spacey Studios is a Creative Design Agency with a focus on graphic design, website design, brand development and print solutions. Working with a wide range of clients in the retail, education and professional service industry, this role will expose you to a variety of different projects whilst providing experience in a number of fields.
Although a small team, Spacey Studios’ aims to take your brand out of this world, therefore the quality of the projects completed is of the utmost importance to maintain this standard.
This is a temporary part-time position (3 months, 2-3 days per week) initially, with the potential for contract extension to a permanent position.
Industry experience is preferred, however, a portfolio of work from relevant courses will be accepted if industry experience is limited.
You will be working out of a diverse co-working space with the team in Ringwood, exposing you to a wide range of professionals on a daily basis.
Salary to be determined based on skills and experience.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Contributing to an array of both current and prospective graphic design and website-based projects.
- Working across multiple disciplines from digital to print formats, including but not limited to, brochures, flyers, business collateral, website graphics, presentation materials and advertising graphics.
- Implementing cross platform design across multiple devices (mobile, tablet, desktop).
- Liaising with the Director to generate website prototypes in Figma and fully functional websites in Webflow.
- Collaborating with designers, developers and suppliers to carry out the completion of tasks.
- Client interface with briefing, concept design and consultation whilst producing concise and coherent brand style guidelines and collateral tailored to the client.
- Contribute to inhouse brand style guides, social media and the team’s digital presence.
- To use your best endeavours at all times to advance the interests of the agency and its clients, by ensuring the correct use of all project management software (used also to track, monitor and communicate all work) and using version control across all files and drafts as per Spacey Studios’ processes.
- Advanced skillset in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS and web standards.
- Familiarity with Figma and Webflow website software.
- Proficient in both print and digital design.
- Excellent communication skills. Will require the ability to converse with both the team and clients to communicate ideas, measure own performance, convey rationales and distil feedback.
- Ability to work both in a team or independently, within the office or remotely, to be proactive to adhere to Spacey Studios’ work ethics and deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and can think creatively and logically.
- Strong time management and organisation skills.
- Tertiary education in design, graphics or a related field. Preferred, but not essential.
- Diverse portfolio of work submitted with application will be favoured.
How To Apply
Please submit your application online and be sure to include your CV and portfolio. We would love to see some diverse examples of your work, so, if possible, please share at least one example of branding, web design, and graphic design.
Apply at: https://spaceystudios.com.au/careers/graphic-designer-role/
Applications Close on 5th August 2022. Open to Australian Citizens & Permanent Residents Only.